NEW:   Zoning Code Effective 5/10/2021

NEW: Zonning Proposed Map Book

NEW: Plan Commission Comprehensive Plan Amendments


The Inspection Department is located at: 128 W. Frederick Street, Rhinelander

Phone - 715-365-8606; Email -


Tom Waydick, Commercial/Residential Inspector:

Olivia Jopek, Inspection Department Secretary :

Harry Whidden, Health Officer - Email -

Office Hours - Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Other times by appointment

Services - The Inspection Department issues building permits and performs inspections of residential and commercial construction and remodeling projects.


  • Issues building, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, fence and sign permits.
  • Performs inspections of residential and commercial building and remodeling projects.
  • Oversees planning and zoning for the City.
  • Responds to complaints.

Public Information

Oneida County Tax & Permit Search

Please contact the Inspection Department before starting any construction or remodeling project.


Most permit requests within the City of Rhinelander can now be applied for online!

Click here to apply for general building, electrical, fence, mechanical, demolition, plumbing, and excavation/ROW permit application. 

Planning & Zoning
Map Amendement - Rezone and Annexation
Site Plan and Certified Survey Application
Zoning Board of Appeals Variance Application

Conditional Use Permit Application

2016 Comprehensive Plan

Chicken Permit Applications
Commercial & Industrial Building Permit - New,  Additions, Remodels
Mobile Home Permit Packet
Moving Permit
Occupancy Permit Application
Residential Building Permit - Additions & Remodels
Residential Building Permit - NEW
Rhinelander Fee Schedule
Sign Permit
Street Closing Permit
Township Electrical Only
Town of Crescent
Town of Newbold
Town of Pelican
Town of Piehl
Town of Pine Lake
Town of Stella
Town of Three Lakes
Town of Woodboro